Rotating Headlines from this Weblog! Click to view Post!

Join this Weblog!

To become a Follower of this Weblog.
Click on the "Follow" link, underneath the list of current followers. You will be taken to an information panel where you may enter your personal details and other information. When completed, the title of this Weblog will appear in the Reading List on your Blogger Dashboard, and your Profile Picture will be displayed next to other Followers!

Followers to my Weblog!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pirate's Bay - Blaigowrie Ocean Beach - Mornington Peninsula National Park

Pirates' Bay is a beautiful secluded cove in the Mornington Peninsula National Park, facing Bass Strait.

It is about 80 km SE of Melbourne, in the municipality of Blairgowrie.

I visited this bay on Friday afternoon May 29, 2009, for a 4 km coastal hike along the cliff tops, which included nearby Bridgewater Bay, Prickly Rocks, and Pearse's Beach.

My visit started at the small car-park at the end of St. John's Wood Rd, reached from Melbourne Rd.

The coastal views from the clifftop were spectacular, extending from Cape Schank about 20 km to the south-east, to Portsea Ocean Beach in the north-west.

My route followed the Lifesaving Track, and is a section of the 40 km Coastal Walk which runs all the way from London Bridge, in the NW, to Cape Schank in the SE.

I had already completed 95% of this long walk, over several visits from 2007 to the present, and I am now finishing off the remaining 5%! When that is done, I will do the entire walk again.

See the full set of Photos of my visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment